Taxes and Bankruptcy | Boulder Bankruptcy Attorneys


Scrabble Chips Spelling Tax on a Calculator. Contact a Boulder Bankruptcy Attorney at Goff & Goff for help bankruptcy.It's a common misconception that no tax can be discharged or forgiven in bankruptcy. The truth is with respect to state and federal income taxes, if certain conditions are satisfied, mainly that the tax return was timely filed either on April 15th, or under an extension by October 15th, and if more than 3 years have passed since the time that the tax return was due, the taxes are dischargeable as allowed in Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

If a debtor has tax problems on older tax years, an experienced Boulder bankruptcy attorney can review the situation with them, determine when the tax returns in question were filed, make sure enough time has passed since then, and if so, there is a good chance that old taxes can be discharged, enabling the debtor to get a fresh start.

Contact Our Boulder Bankruptcy Attorneys

At the Boulder law office of Goff & Goff, LLC, we have focused on providing our clients with high-quality legal representation since 1997. We have the experience and ability to advocate on your behalf in negotiation, litigation or at trial, and can help you through the process if you're considering bankruptcy.Call Goff & Goff for the help you deserve today at (303) 415-9688 or get in touch by filling out the contact form on our website.